Sunday, May 2, 2010

Technology

Ahhh... Technology, it is supposed to make life easier but it usually just aggervates you more...

I remember when instead of checking my email box i checked my mail box... It used to be so exciting and make me so happy to get a letter in the mail... Now it is just the usual... Like my mail box (which never seems to have a real letter anymore) my email box is always crammed full with junk mail or spam as it is called on the web... I am not even sure that my boyfriend's kids know how to properly adress an envelope or where the stamp would even go... I miss getting letter instead of bills and junk mail...

I also remember when cashiers didn't look at me funny when I pay with cash... They always ask debit or credit when I pull out my wallet... I remember when my mom went to the grocery store and they asked her cash or check... I pulled my wallet out of my purse and the cashier said cash or credit... When I pulled out cash and said "Cash" she looked at me weird and didn't seem like she knew what to do... LOL...

That brings me back to my next point... How many times have you gone to a store and handed the person at the register cash and then realized you had the change on you??? What happened then??? The poor young kid at the register looked like their head was about to explode while the tried to figure out your correct change,right... I know it has happened to me on several occassions... Sometimes I like to see how long it will take them to figure out how much they should give me back and don't tell them for awhile... LOL... I have even had some break out their cell phone and use to calculator to figure out that I get $1.10 back...

If all the technology in the world were to fail then the people born after 1990 would have no idea what to do... I am sure they do not know how a card catalog works, how to socialize without a networking site or cell phone and how would they every know that for a $10.80 bill if I give you $11 then I get 20 cents back...

Technology, what would the world do if it all were to fail???

1 comment:

Cigar Freak said...

How about the commercial I saw yesterday that said "Computers make people smarter." What a joke.

People can't spell anymore without spell check and they certainly can't calculate in their heads anymore.

Not to mention all of the mysterious wonders of the world that were ruined using science and technology.

Not that I don't like knowing how thing work, but Edgar Allen Poe had it right in his "Sonnet to Science".

None of that last bit had anything to do with your post, I just wanted to rant.