Monday, October 17, 2011

Been a long time

Ok so I know that it has been awhile since I posted anything. Life has been super busy and there just hasn't really been all that much to post about. That kinda sounds weird even to me that my life is chaotically busy yet I didn't see much to write about. Well... Allow me to catch you up to speed.

First and foremost classes have started back up for the semester. This is a huge chunk of my time. Not that my classes are forever and a day long or everyday but they way I made my schedule kinda sucks and was dumb. I have classes Tuesday from 11am-2pm and on Thursday 11am-2pm and then 5:45-8:45pm. I used to have a class Wednesdays as well but I dropped that because the teacher was abusive(will get to that in a moment). Now my schedule being what it is kills my work availability which is why I work for the college I attend and make my own schedule week to week. On top of my classes I have clubs as well. There is the Women's Studies Club which I am the president of which comes with a good bit of work. I also am the Vice President of Scholarship for my schools chapter of Phi Theta Kappa (if you are just tuning into this program that is NOT a sorority it is the International Honor Society of 2 year colleges) which comes with double the work of the other position within a club I hold. I am also (not active yet) a member of the Multicultural Student Association on campus. I say not active yet because they meet on Fridays and I have as of yet been unable to attend a meeting but plan to in the near future. All of this stuff for school is a lot and keeps me very busy and also stresses me out at times.

Back to the abusive teacher so you have the scoop on that. I was taking Arabic 101. My professor is a native speaker. She would berate me in front of the class if I was wrong and would say that it is easy and I should get it. By the end of the FIRST class I was in tears and the day of the second class I dropped it. I had to. I was actually getting severely anxious to the point of hives and feeling as though I would puke. But that is enough about that drama.

LARP is still going on which is one reason I have not completely lost it as of yet. Getting to beat people in the woods all weekend with plumbing supplies is a great way to release stress. Luckily the chapter I primarily play is having winter events and that means that I can play till the end of semester. YAY!

LARP leads to the last little tidbit of information that I will share this evening(morning since it is 4 am). I am no longer single. This to me and a few people that know me is nearly nothing short of a minor miracle. As many of my good and close friends know I was pretty much at the point of giving up on dating completely and then I went to a LARP event. I met an awesome guy who is so different from other guys (A**holes) I have dated that I am scared that I will fuck it up though I am kinda sure that I won't I am pretty insecure so I always second guess when I believe that I won't. He is a gentleman and I have come to find out that chivalry is not completely dead just on life support but alive and well in a few guys. Only thing I don't like about the relationship is the distance. It's a 4 hour bus ride to see him and well with life being so busy for me it is really hard to make the trip up there. I think that the distance though is not going to be too big an issue. Well I need to head out for the night so I can study for midterm tomorrow and not be like a zombie.

Remember "To thine own self be true" and there is "No day but today"

No comments: